1 Oct 18
“Now the years are rolling by me
They are rockin’ evenly
I am older than I once was
And younger than I’ll be; that’s not unusual
Nor is it strange
After changes upon changes
We are more or less the same
After changes we are more or less the same”
From “The Boxer,” written by Paul Simon in 1969. Most famous rendition was Simon and Garfunkel’s, from the same year
On violent criminals/sociopaths, from a friend in the system:
“In interviewing hundreds of violent, convicted felons over a period of several decades, a pattern of dark behavior and attitude becomes obvious:
1) All view their lives as minute-by-minute. There is seldom any planning, even so far as the following day. They see no point in living, and are fully persuaded that they have no future and thus no fear of imprisonment, nor violent death. They are convinced that they have nothing to lose, and they are right!
2) All are incessant whiners. They use the word ‘unfair’ constantly when rationalizing their sociopathic behavior.
They never accept personality responsibility, for anything.
They all insist that their ‘felon status,’ ethnicity, religion, ‘disability,’ disease, etc forever precludes any chance for conventional success/achievement, so there is no point in trying.
That’s always their excuse.
3) All have embraced non-productivity as a permanent lifestyle. None are interested in working at anything legitimate, nor trying to find a real job. They are unchangeably non-productive, non-contributing, non-tax-paying, unemployable societal parasites. They insist every bit of social welfare that comes their way is ‘owed’ them.
4) They thrive on squalor! Though they whine about places they stay, you’ll find them all living in filth and sordidness, by choice. They are uncomfortable in any kind of decent, orderly world!
5) All indicate they have absolutely no compunction about engaging in criminal violence. They all harbor a condescending disdain for their victims. They are completely unrepentant and never express the slightest regret, nor concern, for pain and suffering they cause.
6) All articulate utter contempt for middle and upper-classes. They are thus very sensitive to being ‘disrespected.’
7) Every one is extremely dangerous! None are particularly brave, but all, under the right circumstances, will murder and maim as casually as if they were muffling a sneeze. With them, impulsive behavior is not held in check, as it is with the rest of us. They don’t worry about consequences, nor any other aspect of the future.
And, they will never change!
‘Rehabilitation’ is a word we’ve invented to describe a non-existent phenomenon. There is no such thing, and never has been!
Who naively claim to believe in ‘rehabilitation’ are well advised not to bet their lives on it!”
Criminality is not a “disease!” It is a personal choice, that quickly evolves into a “way of life.”
And, it is all “one-way.” There is no going back, as my friend noted.
The foregoing, though absolutely true, is not accepted, nor even talked about, in most of “polite society,” because they are afraid.
Operators however, who are not afraid, must face the truth squarely! And, we need to understand that whatever protection from these predators we may enjoy, we will provide for ourselves!
Sometimes “force,” including lethal force, though regrettable, is acutely necessary and justified in order to preserve innocent life.
At times, in order to save a live, you must end a life. It’s a bitter circumstance, but sometimes you will have no choice!
I wish there were another way of putting it!
“Truth must essentially be regarded as in conflict with this world. The world has never been so good… that the majority will ever desire to hear it”