6 Feb 18
In late January, a Colorado teacher, while traveling in NY, was arrested by local authorities at the Airport in Albany, NY (ALB) as she declared her legally-owned and correctly packaged-for-travel pistol (in checked baggage) to SW Airlines for her trip home.
TSA enforces federal law, so they don’t care. But local authorities, enforcing state law (or at least their interpretation of it), made the arrest, after SW Airlines turned her in.
This is just the latest in a endless series of arrests by state authorities in NY, NJ, MD, CA, et al of hapless out-of-state gun-owners who made the mistake of trying to fly out of ALB, JFK, LGA, EWR, et al, or who voluntarily “reported” their guns to local police, naively thinking they were thus in compliance with local laws.
Even people in possession of empty magazines have been arrested!
In response, many writers have emphasized that, when traveling certain places, you must “know the law.”
Unfortunately, that provides scant protection!
As I’ve said before, “knowing the law” is probably impossible, because in reading the law, regulation, guideline, or rule, you will still not know how, where, by whom, or even if, “the law” is enforced.
What you really need to do is “know the agenda!”
Here it is.
In any state dominated by Democrats (like NY), gun-owners, local and out-of-state, will be mercilessly harassed, even thrown in jail, at every opportunity, and based on the most feeble of excuses. Cynical Democrats calculate that gun-owners don’t vote for them anyway, so they have nothing to lose in singling us out for punishment. That is their long-standing “agenda.”
Seeing innocent people rotting in jail doesn’t concern them, any more than it concerns Madura, down in Venezuela.
My advice is to stay out of NY and other states mentioned.
When you do travel out-of-state:
(1) Maintain a low profile
(2) Don’t talk about guns with anyone
(3) Don’t “volunteer” information about yourself, nor your business
(4) Don’t answer questions that weren’t asked
(5) Don’t approach police and ask about local gun laws
(6) Don’t fly-out of airports mentioned above
(7) Don’t enter any building, nor “attraction,” where they are “wanding” entrants
(8) Keep anything that could be identified as a “weapon” discreetly out of sight, out of conversation
(9) Stay away from crowds, particularly events with political overtones
(10) Don’t be “out” late at night. Conduct business during daylight hours
Remember, leftist politicians, including most Democrats, want all Americans forcibly disarmed.
When they get in positions of political power, they predictably use persecution and harassment to enforce that agenda, regardless of what “the law” supposedly says.
Don’t expect protection from our courts, nor our Constitution. Where Democrats rule (and they mean to rule), the fix is in!